Sunday, April 26, 2009

Our Garden



So, our garden actually came up. This picture is a couple of weeks old. From the back to the front, you can see the onions, cilantro, chard, beets, cucumbers, and finally carrots. We also have four lettuce plants and some yellow squash and zucchini. I couldn't find another photo of the garden, and it's dark out, so I might take a picture this week.

The radishes were up three days after they were planted. Now they are going to seed just as the other plants are ready to eat. Jo and Rob are eating the radishes, but I am not a radish fan. We ate some of the chard and a three-inch carrot.

Chard is especially good cooked until tender, and served with butter and lemon juice. I make sure to wash each leaf, since I have found caterpillars in the past! Not cooked, fortunately. Ugh!

2 comments:

  1. I just found this blog on Burning Bushes' sidebar! How could I have missed you? It's great to see you and catch up a bit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! (I was so happy to find you and left a little comment. Maybe I got away from the page before I posted?) It's great to see you all and your lovely garden!

    ReplyDelete